The Dublin Real Tennis Court
The Dublin Real Tennis Court is
located a few minutes' walk
from St Stephen's Green, in the centre of Dublin. It was
built in 1885, was played on until 1939, and was subsequently used
by University College Dublin, first as a gymnasium and more
recently as a laboratory and offices.
Exterior of the Dublin Court
2016: A planning application was been
lodged with Dublin City Council affecting the Real Tennis Court.
It was granted; the IRTA appealed, and the resulting decision by
An Bord Pleanála included a condition requiring the developer to
design and build ‘essential features required for
playing Real Tennis matches’. For more information:
Interior, showing glass roof