IRTA defeated by Scotland in third Celtic Challenge
7 March 2020
Radley kindly hosted the third annual the Celtic Challenge, which went to the Scottish
side — congratulations! The IRTA thanks everyone at Radley for a great event.
Maggie Henderson-Tew reports:
- Scotland — 711½ points;
- Ireland — 645 points;
- Tunnock's Trophy for the highest Scottish score — David Anderson, with 139 points, who also scored 25 points for hitting winning openings;
- The Coole Swan Award for the highest Irish score — Roland Budd, with 130 points, who scored an impressive 29 points from the winning openings;
- James Maclachlan was awarded the prize for the greatest number of points, 65, as a first time player in the Scottish side;
- Maggie Gibbs was awarded the prize for the greatest number of points, 86, for a first time player for the Irish team;
- Calum Maclean's was the best hat;
- Grattan MacGiffin had the best team kit, as he had an Irish shirt and hat.
We can look forward with great anticipation to the fourth iteration in 2021, and to the Scots' opportunity to level the series!